Career Advancement: Research
If you are student, registered nurse or nurse practitioner interested in further exploring the realm of research, take a look at the following resources.
- If you are an RN interested in clinical research, a graduate degree is often not required. Typically, qualifications include:
- Practicing registration with CRNBC
- Clinical experience
- Experience in research (ie: research/study coordinator)
- Multiple schools of nursing offer graduate programs designed to prepare RNs and NPs for a career in research. Visit the websites of schools of nursing to learn more about their graduate programs.
- Health Services Researcher Pathway: This document comprehensively outlines how nurses can develop knowledge, skills and competencies related to research and research use.
If you would like to learn more about basic research skills, as well as gain more knowledge on research methods and tools, visit the following:
Other Continuing Education/Professional Development