Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Starting on March 1, 2016 all B.C. RNs and NPs will receive their professional liability protection, along with numerous other services, from the Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS).
Working closely with the College of Registered Nurses of BC (CRNBC), ARNBC advocated strongly for membership in CNPS knowing that registered nurses and nurse practitioners in B.C. will benefit from the enhanced protection, education and supports offered by CNPS.
Read the full CRNBC announcement.
Check out the CNPS page for BC Nurses.
CNPS for B.C. Nurses
The CNPS provides legal advice and risk management services, professional liability protection and legal assistance to eligible registered nurses (RNs) and nurse practitioners (NPs) practising in Canada. CNPS legal assistance includes assistance with the defence of criminal proceedings arising from the practice of nursing.
Contacting CNPSCall 1-844-4MY-CNPS (1-844-469-2677) to speak with a CNPS legal advisor.
Please ensure you provide your:
- Phone number
- CRNBC Registration No.
CNPS staff are available by phone and email until 8:00pm PT.
Note, any information you provide to CNPS will remain confidential.
- Advice – information about professional obligations and liability issues, confidential access to legal advisors, legal counsel (when required) and pre-contractual review of professional service agreements.
- Assistance with legal proceedings including:
- Civil Litigation- up to $10 milion per claim for professional negligence related to care provided in Canada.
- Criminal Investigations and Prosecutions- up to $1 million per occurrence.
- Statutory Offences- up to $1 million per occurrence.
- Witness Appearances- including legal assistance.
- Risk Management and Education- access to education materials and resources.
CNPS now offers assistance with College complaints.
Please take a few minutes to check out the CNPS for BC nurses page.