Student Representative Roles & Responsibilities
As an ARNBC Student Representative, you are your school's ambassador for all things ARNBC. Student reps will be regularly updated on the association's events, policy and advocacy work and student initiatives in order to support their student colleagues and school in accessing and understanding the resources available to them. Student reps will be supported through their faculty liaisons and ARNBC staff.
Student Rep responsibilities
- Be the ARNBC resource for your BSN class.
- Participate in nursing events and opportunities with your colleagues and classmates.
- Be the "go to" person for coordinating distribution of ARNBC's yearly welcome packages during the start of each school year.
- Connect with your ARNBC faculty liaison for support when needed to ensure all concerns or feedback are communicated.
- Mentor upcoming ARNBC student representatives and recruit students interested in the program.
- Become a member of the Student/New Graduate Community of Practice to connect with other student representatives across the province.
- Attend monthly teleconference meetings with ARNBC so that you are updated appropriately, so that we may offer supports and to create community and collaboration between schools.
Student Rep Support Tools