ARNBC is committed to preserving the anonymity of all visitors to www.arnbc.ca. ARNBC tracks user behavior through information collected in our server logs. We do not track information that identifies particular users, only information that tracks general usage trends on the ARNBC site.
Nursing Innovation Forum
ARNBC's 'Nursing Innovation Forum' will take place just prior to our 2016 Annual General Meeting to be held on June 2, 2016 starting at 5pm at the Anvil Centre located in New Westminster.
From early February until mid-March ARNBC opened a call to all active, practising RNs and NPs in B.C. to share their innovations. We were delighted by the extremely high quality of entries and honoured that so many nurses chose to share their fantastic work with us.
Thank you to everyone who submitted their entries!
ARNBC is delighted to announce the following presenters at our Nursing Innovation Forum:
- Rob Kruger will discuss the ways in which specialty nursing is being innovative and improving practice for specialty trained nurses.
- Gwen Campbell McArthur will share details of a partnership, the first of its kind in Canada, where a federal government agency partnered with other Aboriginal agencies and First Nations communities to offer traditional healing for offenders reintegrating from federal correctional institutions, on parole, and back into the community.
- The BC Coalition of Nursing Associations (BCCNA) will present information about the innovative and unique way in which the BCCNA works and has equal representation from each of the nursing designations as well as nurse educators.
- Mary Van Osch, winner of the 2015 ARNBC Award for Excellence in Innovation, will discuss the nurse initiated orders (NIOs) she authored and presented as well as her leadership in developing and implementing full scope of practice for Licenced Practice Nurses (LPNs) in Fraser Health emergency departments.
- Markus Zurberg and C. difficile detector dog Angus will share findings from their study about whether or not a detection dog can reliably detect C. difficile.
We look forward to seeing you all on June 2nd!
Please feel free to direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Date:||June 2, 2016|
|Time:||5pm - 9:30pm|
|777 Columbia Street
New Westminster, BC V3M 1B6