Call for Nominations for Queen’s Jubilee Medals
We are very excited to announce that ARNBC has been invited to select seven B.C. nurses who have demonstrated exemplary leadership to receive the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. If you know a deserving nurse, we would love to hear from you. Read on for more information or visit www.arnbc.ca/news-arnbc/nw-arnbc-jubilee-nomination.php to nominate your outstanding nursing colleagues today!
- Nominees should not have received previous awards of merit/leadership from:
Nominees should be outstanding emerging/mid-career nurses.
- The College of Registered Nurses of BC;
- The Canadian Nurses Association; or,
- The International Council of Nurses.
The Office of the Governor General has established the basic criteria for the award. To be eligible for this honour, a person must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, but need not necessarily reside in Canada;
- Have made a significant contribution to a particular province, territory, region or community within Canada, or an achievement abroad that brings credit to Canada; and
- Be alive on February 6th, 2012, the 60th anniversary of Her Majesty’s accession to the Throne. The medal can be awarded posthumously, as long as the recipient was alive on that date.
For additional background please see:
Please complete a nomination form and submit it to ARNBC by Friday,November 2 at 5pm.
We require a 200-250 word bio on each nominee including the rationale for the nomination.
The nomination form is available on the ARNBC website:
Feel free to be in touch with us if you have any questions about the process: email@example.com.
We look forward to reviewing the nominations of each exceptional candidate.
ARNBC – Get Involved!
We are eager to hear from nurses from around the province. Consider writing a short blogpost or commenting on our blog at www.arnbc.ca/blog. Your voices are our strength, and we are happy to provide nurses with an opportunity to share their thoughts on issues or news that is important to them.
We can also be found on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , YouTube and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss your opportunity to help advance the nursing profession in British Columbia.