ARNBC seeks to award the Quinn Fowlie Scholarship to a deserving young patient star who has benefited from the support and expert care provided by nurses throughout their young life.
The AwardThe 2017 recipient will receive $1,000 CDN to subsidize expenses for on-going education.
The recipient and one additional person to travel to the awards ceremony will be compensated. Travel, meal and accommodation expenses will be covered, in accordance with the Association's Expense Reimbursement Policy.*
We welcome additional supporters to attend the 2017 Awards of Excellence (to be held on November 17, 2017), but can only cover the travel costs for the winner and one guest.
*Expenses are for travel within B.C. only.
- Resident of B.C.
- 16-21 years of age
- Has benefited from the care of nurses for a significant period of their lives
- Intends on pursuing additional education
- Demonstrates strength of character in the face of health challenges
- Is an inspiration to others
- Is willing to speak for 5-10 minutes at the 2017 Nursing Awards of Excellence Ceremony (November 17, 2017)
DeadlineThe deadline for entry is Friday, September 29th, 2017 at 4:30pm.
Application processBefore submitting the application, please ensure you have gathered the following:
- Signed form indicating that the nominee agrees to be nominated. Nominees under 18 will also need to seek agreement from their parent or guardian.
- A letter (300-500 words) or a video (2 minutes maximum) from the nominee that focuses on how nurses have provided a positive influence in their health care journey. Creativity is encouraged!
- Two letters supporting the nomination.
- A brief written introduction of the nominee (150-300 words)
- Photo (.jpg format) to be included with the nomination