ARNBC is committed to preserving the anonymity of all visitors to www.arnbc.ca. ARNBC tracks user behavior through information collected in our server logs. We do not track information that identifies particular users, only information that tracks general usage trends on the ARNBC site.
The "Strengthening Aboriginal Nursing Development" (STAND) program was established to provide a pathway for leadership development for Indigenous nurses working in British Columbia.
Current Opportunity:This year we have three separate opportunities for an Indigenous Nurse in B.C. to attend leadership events with:
- The B.C. Coalition of Nursing Association (BCCNA) Day at the Legislature
- Community Health Nurses of Canada (CHNC) and the Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association (CINA) workshop “Towards Reconciliation: Partnering for Health Equity” and CINA conference
- The Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Biennial Convention
Note, while you may apply to all of these opportunities with the same application, you can only win once.
Who can apply?Any Indigenous nurse working in British Columbia* and in good standing with their college of nursing.
Why apply?This all-expenses paid opportunity will engage the successful applicant to:
- Network with nurse leaders from across Canada
- Learn about the role, mandate and policy priorities of provincial and national nursing associations
- Gain further knowledge on Indigenous health and nursing contexts in B.C. and nationally
How to apply:click here to fill in the application.
Deadline:Application deadline for:
- BCCNA Day at the Legislature is Friday April 27, 2018 at 4pm
- CINA and CNA's National Conference is Monday May 14, 2018 at 4pm
Selection Criteria:The successful applicants will be selected by special committee. Please feel free to direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Indigenous Nurse - First Nations, Inuit or Métis.