Who We Are
At the Association of Registered Nurses of British Columbia, we make a meaningful difference in improving health care for British Columbians by working alongside our members to achieve quality patient care through engagement, collaboration, advocacy and policy leadership.
Learn about our 2014-17 Strategic Plan and the steps we're taking towards achieving our mission.
As partners in progress, we help make sure the voices of Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners are heard by government, health authorities, media, and the public. Your voice is our strength.
Hot Health Topics
January 13, 2015 B.C. nurse groups at odds over mandatory flu shot or mask policy
January 10, 2015 Farewell to a Canadian Nursing Icon
January 7, 2015 ARNBC/CNA standing together
October 17, 2014 Letter from Minister Lake to B.C. healthcare workers
- automatic membership in the Canadian Nurses Association
- representation in ARNBC's provincial growing advocacy and policy program: Through our advocacy work and ongoing consultations with the BC government, we are vigilant in our mission to enhance the nursing profession.
- monthly updates and e-journal
- connection to the BC Network of nursing specialties and Network Leads program
- support for professional liability insurance (starting March 1, 2015)
- professional practice supports
- recognition, awards and memorial book
- Nursing Knowledge & Leadership: our new e journal publication, ensures members are fully informed in areas such as policy, advocacy and nursing leadership
- career consultation, webinars, and attendance at Leadership conferences and the Annual General Meeting.
- Read more about membership...
Vision Nurses making a difference for the health and health care of British Columbians
Mission ARNBC is the professional voice for nursing leadership, policy, and practice